Saturday, June 18, 2016

I Saw With Open Eyes: unPlanner Week 25

Hello again! I'm sharing my latest unPlanner pages today. I get the honour of being the featured member today in The Documented Life Project 2016- The unPlanner. Thanks so much to Rae, Sandi and Lorraine! 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, or your curiousity is peaked, check it out HERE.


This is volume two of the Art5 kraft binder. It is full to bursting!! 


I made a fun tri-pocket to fit the PACs out of a kraft envelope, sewing the compartments and backing it with one of my painted pages.

I used lots of StencilGirl stencils to decorate these papers. I use the same look throughout the month of June. Check out my other blog post about my process. 

I haven't finished a few of the previous weeks PACs, so those will come yet.








This PAC was for Week 24: add doodled flowers. Or ten. 

I used a Brushstix foam applicator with a pointy tip to add the paint dots, then I doodled around each one with a black Pitt marker.
I doodled the larger flower on underpaper and cut it out. A circular blob of gold paint on my underpaper had dried up, so I made that another flower middle, doodling around it, cut it out, then layered it on top of the other cut-out. 
I used Lindy's Stamp Gang spray to colour the silk ribbon I purchased from the Art5 store.
I blended the area away from the large flower with gesso so the flower would be center stage, then added dots with a Pitt marker.


For this week's PAC: use tissue paper. 

I colored the watercolour paper with my June colours.
I used tissue paper with text I found in my happy mail stash (thanks, Lois Stoneking!) for the upper left corner. I smooshed it up with matte medium, glueing it to page. Once dry, I painted it with the same colours. I figure it gives the PAC some good texture.
Next, I added gold dots, cut out an eye from a copy of one of my selfies, glued it to page, and found some phrases in an old book that pertains to eyes and seeing. 
Sewed around tag with metallic turquoise thread.
Dyed the silk ribbon with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray paint.


Opened up, and you see the monthly view. To see my process, see my previous post of my unPlanner.


For these last two weeky views, I used StencilGirl club stencils by Terri Stegmiller. 



This was for the challenge to use a stamp. I used a pool noodle to stamp the white circle, painted pink around with my fingers, pink painted dots, added stenciling with the same stencils I used in the previous pic -  Terri Stegmiller's gorgeous StencilGirl May club stencils in teal, then added white doodles with white gel pen.

Here is a new pic of the pocket with the third PAC completed. So YUMMY!!



This is the back side of the pocket. I will add the List10 tag to that when I get that finished next week.

And that's it for today's post. Thanks for visiting! :)

♥♥♥  Anna  ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Just love the way the days of the week are peeking out from behind the foldover. I'm following you now so I won't miss anymore goodness. Your journal is so enticing. It's like being offered a huge dessert tray with so many different little edibles that you don't know which one to try first. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna- your unPlanner™ is so colorful and pretty!Thank you so much for being our Featured Member. You are so creative and your planner so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a refreshing set up the "weekly calendar" and the pockets for your paks. Now you are a guest star i will not feel guilty about using some of your ideas. great coordination of style and colors. lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted a comment but not sure if you are getting them as Mr Google does not always send them.
    monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous as always Anna! So excited for you to be a featured member. Love all your creativity. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ideas are so totally different and unique, I love them. You are very creative and refreshing! Thanks for updating all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything in your unplanner!! It's simply stunning!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. just so pretty Anna! I love your choice of colors and your book is amazing! Thanks for joining us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every time I see your work I am so inspired. Particularly love your pockets with those darling tags. Have a fabulous week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna, I am in love with your style. Your color combos and the use of stitching sets my heart a flutter. I was wondering, you have made pockets for three PAC'S, so where/how will you attach/show #4/5? Just curious. I'm definitely going to make that pac holder. Oh, I just thought, maybe you'll double up the pac's in one pocket. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your awesome talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rita! I changed my blog settings so my reply on your comment is in your thread. See below for my response to your question. I appreciate all your comments very much! 💗

      Delete
  11. Wow, I'm so glad you're all inspired!! Thank you so much to each of you for leaving a comment! Very appreciated!! @Rita Montgomery I will make another pocket on a different page for more PACs. If I make more, anyway. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really stunning. Your colors are so yummy and I'm a sucker for anything interactive. Love, love, love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is WOW!
    Yes, God has gifted you tremendously. Your style is amazing. And, yes, really like your new name. Your website/blog is bookmarked all over my bookmark lists now. Can't wait to try some of your tutorials. Thank you for sharing your gift.

    ReplyDelete