It's nearing the end of The Documented Life Project 2014! Only two more weeks to go!
Do not know what this project is about? Do go visit the Art to the 5th blog and Academy! You won't be disapointed! :)
Finally got around to finishing my cover and binding it all together! I'm very pleased with the results. I really like how it all lies so nice and flat no matter where you are in the book.
I used a cheap, SEE-THROUGH, plastic, thin, flexible cutting-board for my front and back covers. I decorated it using paints, gesso, stencils, Tulip fabric paint sprays, and simple white letter stickers.
Two volumes: One bound in pink embroidery floss, the other in yellow. I used all six threads that make up embroidery floss and covered it with beeswax. Next time I will use less threads, as it got a little thick. There are gaps between each signature for that reason, I believe.
Yellow thread stitching in the middle of the September signature...:)
To see what materials I used inside the book, and how I put it together, and links to Youtube videos for the Coptic Stitch method, go to my older blog post here:
Thanks so much for stopping by!