Thursday, February 25, 2016

unPlanner : Week One of February

Hello, all!  Welcome here. :) 

Today I want to share some in-progress pages for my February unPlanner pages in DLP 2016. Last time I didn't share here until I had the whole month complete, but I didn't want to make such a lengthy blog post again. LOL So here goes:


My February will consist of some hues from my January color scheme, and add aqua blues, turquoise and teal colors. My calendar is in progress. Here is a glimpse before I started doodling in it. My reinforcement strip is in place with graph underpaper. :)


And here is what it looks like filled up to today's doodle. :) I watercolored around the calendar with Zig Clean Color markers. To blend it well, I also used a waterbrush filled with water.


The calendar opens like a tip-in. Full spread shown with Week One Feb 1-6 still empty. I have all my notes made in my regular planner, my Foxydori, so I will jot down the memories when I get to it.


I printed the weekly view download on kraft paper. 

I used a new favorite stencil: Circles Circle by Traci Bautista, made by StencilGirl. 

I sponged in the paint using various blues, double-loading the sponge. 

Next, I finger painted additional colors with my fingers. Very easy and simple and FUNNNNNNN!!!!

For the dates, I punched circles from book text, stamped some of the numbers with Rae's kit stamps, and some just doodled. 

The month is written with a Zig Clean Color waterbrush on watercolor paper, then cut out and glued to a watercolored and doodled circle, then glued to page.






So there is where I'm at with February. To know more about DLP, check the Art to the 5th website, HERE


Another thing I've been working on is trying to achieve some abstract floral painting. I have oogled and awwwwwwwwed over the amazing artist Erin Fitz Gregory's work a long time. I hope to keep adding to this for a week or so, and see what the end result will be. Not entirely unhappy with this, but it needs more work.


Today I'm teaching an art class, and this is the project. Hopefully I can relate how to paint these abstract florals to others so that they're pleased. 

Thanks soooooo much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you in comments below, or if you have any questions. 

Blessings to you today!

♥♥♥  Anna  ♥♥♥


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages Anna - wow! Love your color scheme for the month! Awesome lettering too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - another beatiful colour scheme. Turquoise is a fav of mine. Have a fabulous weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete